There are two types of people in the social media world today. There are individuals who love to post pictures and update their status on Facebook and there are people who would so much rather get as much of their rant out in the allowed 140 characters on Twitter. Even though most of us that use social media have accounts for both Facebook and Twitter (along with every other form of social media known to man), everyone generally has a favorite. Internet marketing is performed on each of the two social media networks mentioned, every single day. Some may notice it and others may not, but companies use mass media to market their companies and products, to the best of their abilities.
Listed below are a few ways how companies use Facebook and Twitter to promote their brands.
Internet Marketing 101: Facebook or Twitter?
- You can use Facebook to create a page about your company
- Facebook has been around for over a decade
- There are many different generations using Facebook daily
- Consumers have the option of clicking “Like” or “Follow” to continuously get notifications from the companies page
- It is much easier to spread the knowledge of your company throughout the world
- Companies can promote products or special offers through posts on their Facebook page
- Companies can promote giveaways to the consumers
- It is easy to display your products by posting photos
- It is easy for consumers to contact you
- Keeping an active Twitter page will gain more followers
- Twitter was launched in July of 2006
- Search for hashtags and keywords that prospective customers may use regularly
- Make sure to add the webpage link and location to your profile
- Tweet about special events or promotions
- Request that followers retweet about the events to gain a greater following
- You may like to inform the followers about the “special of the day” at your restaurant
- Considered more on a personal level when contacting with consumers
- Make sure to respond to customers individual
- Twitter is a great way to see what customers think about their products or what they can do better to cater to consumers wants
There are obvious ways that Facebook and Twitter are dissimilar, but both make it possible for companies to promote their brands using internet based marketing. Social media is more of a personal way to connect with consumers, making them even more reliable to the brand. Marketing trends will continuously change from year to year, but using social media to keep in contact with consumers will never get old.